Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Adventure Week - Thursday Recap

While others were enjoying holidays at the beach or overseas adventures over the Christmas period, I was at work busily wrapping gifts and helping otherwise clueless humans pick out the perfect little something for their loved ones. A retail Christmas is one that consists of the odd day here and there off, lots of battling with crowds and certainly no holiday in sight, but alas, not to worry, that is what January and February are for! From Thursday to Sunday (despite actually working two days as well) I managed to take a few trips down South and even squeeze in a little music festival.
 
On Thursday (before I started my late night shift) I ventured down to the Gold Coast to catch up with a few gorgeous girls I haven't seen for ages.

With Fif, Tina and Amy at QT.

Although the weather wasn't ideal we made the best of the overcast conditions and headed to QT for a quick coffee and to check out what all the hype was about. It certainly is an adorable little hotel and my wife and I are planning to spend a weekend down there closer to the middle of the year. The hotel was decked out in vibrant colours and quirky bits and bobs and even featured a giant retro candy bar right in the middle of the cafĂ©. The outdoor setting was something from a Miami tourist commercial and they even made a great latte!

Beautiful wall at QT


Adorable candy bar in the middle of the cafe


The mini macaroons looked so cute!


Lazing around on the outside couches


You can rent these adorable bikes to cruise around Surfers
 
After getting our caffeine hit we headed back to our friends apartment block and decided to take a little swim in the heated pool. We made tentative plans for an overseas trip at the end of the year and chatted about our dreams for our futures. I think that friends are one of the most important things to have in your life and far too many people base their personal worth on the number in their Facebook friends list, when really it's the people who stay in your heart that actually matter.
My outfit for the day:
I converted a dress into this little white crop top and paired it with my Kitty Boo Boo skirt,
Pandora jewellery and Cheeky Monkey flats.