Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My My Model

I'm use to seeing my gowns draped over gorgeous women with immaculate hair and make up created by a talented mua and shot by a fabulous photographer, but it's not always a possible process. Organising shoots takes time, coordination and a whole team of talented people, these things don't usually come together on a lazy Tuesday afternoon, but sometimes it's just what you need.
Take today for example, I finished a gorgeous gown ready for delivery to the shop tomorrow but with so few hours between completion of production and the garment entering the store, and consequently (hopefully) getting sold, all too often I miss out on having the garment photographed by a photographer. Well today I decided to take matters into my own hands. I will preface this by saying, I'm no model, mua or hairstylist and my boyfriend is by no means a photographer and I'm not an expert at photoshop, but today we gave it all a go.
I've had a few friends and family ask me why I don't simply wear the clothes my self in shoots, and honestly the answer is simple; I'm never asked to by any tog that wants me to style shoots, so I never really considered it to be an option. I've modelled here and there for tiny projects but I'm certainly not the right build for any kind of career in modelling, which come to think of it suits me just fine.
Today however I decided that what the hell, why not give it a go! I love a good Instagram selfie so why not bite the bullet and play model for the afternoon, and it's just what I did! I was desperate to shoot my newest creation and with only a tiny window of time before its due in store I pinned my hair up, threw on some lipstick and wandered down to the beautiful boardwalk with my generous boyfriend (camera in hand). As I said earlier, we are by no means professionals but we had a laugh and even got a few nice pics out of it. I still don't see myself as wanting to become a full time model anytime soon, but I had a great afternoon and actually really enjoyed it. I 100% give full credit to professional models and I'm so grateful to all the beautiful girls that I've had the pleasure of working with in the past, but from time to time, I might just try this again. My boyfriend and I had a great laugh and within a few hours I had some new shots to chuck onto my Facebook page.
I'm super excited to be having a REAL photo shoot next weekend with a very talented bunch of creatives, and I'll ensure I post up the pics of that shoot too, but for now, here's what we churned out this afternoon. Xx