Saturday, September 15, 2012

Super Exciting News!

After deciding the markets were really not working for me my thoughts turned to the option of possible wholesaling. I'd had little success with my first store in Annerley and having tried to expand into other stores with all bad experiences I was starting to wonder if it was going to happen after all. I'd tried a number of approaches to different companies all with similar responses, generally the response was that I ended up being ignored. However i knew this was not to be taken to heart as these people are busy, maybe it wasn't me, maybe it was them. It seemed like my relationship with these possible stockists was staging to ring true to some American tween movie, I was playing the role of the geeky girl, lusting after the hottest guy in school, if only he would notice me, we could really be something! Lucky for me, I must have lost my geek glasses and taken my hair out of a poney tail because in the last two weeks I have become stocked in there separate stores! The first is a formal dress store in Aspley called Elegance Plus, the second is Reverse Garbage, they approached me to take part in their Junkie Couture expo (which opens tonight) and my garments will be stocked in their store for the next 6weeks to celebrate the expo. My latest and possibly the most exciting store is Principessa in Fortitude Valley. After applying for a casual job (and now securing it) the owner became interested in the label and has agreed to now stock it! I couldn't be more thrilled to finally be making done serious footprints on the Brisbane fashion industry, and it's all going up hill from here! It's certainly a lesson well learnt that persistance, hard work and a strong belief in your own ability will get you to where you want to go. When your chips are down and you're ready to give up, just remember this, Walt Disney strugled to get anyone to fall in love with Mickey Mouse when he first started, he was rejected by every cartoon publisher around, but one person said yes to that little mouse and now he is one of the most iconic cartoon characters of all time. Thank you Walt for not giving up on yourself and teaching me not to give up either xx