Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Emmy's Wrap Up

Lucky for me I actually got to watch the Emmy's red carpet yesterday and overall I was thoroughly impressed! Usually the list of worst dressed out ways the savvy styles but this year only a handful of celebs disappointed.
First of all, let's recap my loves!
 
Emily Vancamp was by far one of the most amazing for me, she is such a style icon and I rarely see this girl put her dainty foot wrong. She chose this beautiful J. Mendel gown with the most divine accessories, I know I'm not the only one who wanted to steal her gorgeous bow bangle! The colour of her gown worked so well on her complexion, she really looks like a star!
 
Source: Getty
 
Next on my love list was the irrepressible Heidi Klum, this beautiful seam foam dream could have looked like a disaster on the wrong woman, but with Heidi's long legs and dazzling smile this dress looked like pure perfection. This thigh splitting gorgeous gown is by Parisian couturier, Alexandre Vauthier.
Source: Getty
It was a hot day in LA and my next three faves truly nailed these flaming florals.
 Airel Winter was watercolour cool in this fabulous floral frock by Katherine Kidd, I love the train on this and the cut and colour suited her down to the ground. She's young and fresh in this amazing print and matched it all perfectly with her gorgeous lilac pumps.
Elizabeth Moss from Madmen rocked out in this gorgeous green and black floral number by D&G, I love the way this dress wraps around her curves giving her old Hollywood appeal. She kept her accessories simple as to not overpower the print, and I'm super in love with her clutch!
Lastly on my floral loves list is Ginnifer Goodwin, I think this dress will be a divider on the fashion front but I personally loved it, her pixie cut and smokey eyes made this divine print pop! This explosion of gorgeousness comes from Monique Lhuillier, I love how she combined nude with this vibrant orange hue to make Ginnifer shine on the red carpet.
Source: Getty
I absolutly fell in love with Lucy Liu in this Atelier Versace gown; she shimmered in this gorgeous fitted number and showed that you can be in your 40's and still have a fabulous figure. Her simple hair and makeup made her runway ready and she sparkled all night long.
Source: Getty
The last gorgeous gal I'm going to make a special mention of is Julianne Hough, I thought she looked divine in this Georges Hobeika gown adorned in stunning Swarovski crystals. Unlike other mermaid-esque looks adorned by exotic talents on the carpet this year (whom I shalt not name) this gown glowed with subtle elegance with the perfect amount of sparkle not to mention the most divine colour one could dream up. I loved the soft velvet accents on the bust and train and the detailed pattern throughout, this dress was a true work of art!
Source: Getty
Now you know whom I loved lets get to the nitty gritty of whom I did not! First and foremost would have to be Glenn Close, God only knows why she chose this dress, it does nothing for her, I really wish she would take a leaf from Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren's book of style. Just because you are an older (not old, just older) actress does not give you an excuse to wear the worst thing on the red carpet. If in doubt, go with something simple! This is not simple! There is way too much going on here and she needs to tone it down. The dress is from Bibhu Mohapatra and in its original colour looked fabulous on the runway, but sadly just didn't translate into reality.
Source: Getty
Next on my loath list was little miss Hayden Panettiere, and this is such a shame because if the blue swamp of tulle had not been on this dress she would have been a clear favourite, but for some reason Marchesa decided that it wasn't enough to have a gorgeous adorned golden gown, it needed to be wrapped up in blue tulle. Why? Well, we will probably never know.
Source: Getty
 Lastly on my disliking list would be Kristin Wiig, although this Balenciaga number was seriously cool, this is not an Emmy's dress, when you have stars hitting the red carpet in ball gowns, you don't want to be the one person rocking up in a casual slip dress. I think she could have really made this work but the casual hair, simple make up and nude accessories left this looking boring and barely there. I'm all for boho chic, but this look needed some vamping up in a big way.
Source: Getty
So that's my Emmys wrap, lots to love with only a few sour pusses amongst the pack, on a whole it seems like our celebs are getting more stylish with each event season and I can't wait to see what's coming out next! Who were your faves and fave nots?
Stay stylish all xx