Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Oh My Marketeer!

So after several months of thinking "I'll never get in, I'm not ready, I don't have enough, excuse, excuse, excuse" I finally bit the bullet and applied for the markets, and I GOT IN! Can you tell I'm a little excited? I applied for both the Young Designer Markets at Southbank and The Village Markets at Burleigh and I think I must have been in luck (perhaps someone dropped out) but I was accepted to The Village Markets at Burleigh on the closing day! I'm very excited but I have to admit I am a little scared, it's a good thing I'm only working a few days this week because I have SO much to organise. On my list of things to do in order to be Market ready by Sunday;
Buy a tent
Tag, price and ensure all garments and accessoriess are in a salable condition. 
Make a change room (I have the curtain already but I have to work out how to hang it).
Make and print all of my signs.
Buy mannequins, table, bags and hangers.
Print stickers for bags.

The list goes on... but I won't bore you with the details.

I think this is a big step for the label as it will be available for purchase in a real market environment. I've been doing my research and there are a lot of brands much further up the ladder than me, but I am confident that I have earned my place at the market, I know I've been working hard to get where I am. I'm hoping that even if I don't make a lot of sales on the day I will at least gain a lot of exposure for the brand, my aim is more exposure than selling which is probably a little backwards but my garments will always be for sale on the net but people need to know its there in order for it to be successful. I'll be handing out business cards and leaflets as much as I can, but it would obviously be great to make sales too. Mainly I just want to see if people like what I do, it's all well and good for me to like what I make, but at the end of the day, my purpose is to make clothing for others, so we will see how Evelyn Curtis fares in the real world.

Fingers and Toes it all goes well!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4