Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Dress!

I'm starting to feel like my blog should be renamed "the poor girls wardrobe" but I just happen to find such nice clothes at affordable prices. I am a firm believer that you don't need a massive bank account to have style, it is simply a matter of finding what works for you and making the most of what you can.
I'm currently working back at the magnificent Hilde Heim Designer Bride and Cocktail and everyday I drive past a little boutique; A Formal Affair who are currently having their EOFY dress sale. I've been there before when I was looking for a formal gown for a wedding but found everything either too "Princess Puffball" or too "slinky/provocative" for the occasion, but today was a different story. Like any female I'm naturally lured to any shop window displaying a sale sign, but when one boasts formals gowns from $50, who am I to resist? I am that moth to a flame, and today I was glad I was! I of course went straight to the cocktail section as I have very little need to long formal gowns, but have a large component of my wardrobe dedicated to cocktail frocks and can't live without them.
My new purchase is a champagne one shoulder bubble hemmed dream, although it's a little big on me (mum's going to take it in) I couldn't be happier with this cute little frock. It's fully lined, and the material has a gorgeous sheen to it, best of all was the price! I was expecting (and would have been happy to pay) at least $100, considering the material and the fact that it was fully lined, but in fact my new addition only cost me half of that. I'd urge anyone on the hunt for a new party frock to check out A Formal Affair in Alderley, you never know what you might find!