Monday, June 27, 2011

Cinderella Moment




Saturday night saw Brisbane's convention centre play host to the Mater Children's Hospital Charity Ball, and who else should be in attendance but lucky little me. I was so excited as I've never been to a Ball before and I only had two days notice to organise my dress, hair, nails, shoes, bag and makeup. Even worse, I was working the day of the Ball and only had about 2 hours to get ready (including having to drive to my friends house) but I think I pulled it off OK.


I wore a long Grecian style silver gown that I had worn to my brothers Wedding last August so at least I had the dress covered. The gown is from Pink Mint and I think we fell in love the first time I tried it on. It's strapless and all the material gathers into the bust and falls to the floor. I love the style as the bodice is boned and gives a great shape and then falls softly over the rest of the dress. I wore my hair in soft curls and donned some beautiful lashes complemented with smokey eyes. My shoes were from Zu, they're a gorgeous champagne with black lace cover which matched my Olga Berg clutch, it's quilted in the same champagne colour. I finished my look off with some crystal huggies from Swarovski and a statement ring from Lovisa.

I had an amazing night and I can't wait for my next Ball. We danced, sang, drank and enjoyed a truly memorable night.