Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Epic Ride, Epic Fashion Charity Night








Friday played host to my latest show; Epic Ride, Epic Fashion - a charity event looking to raise money for two very determined bike riders. The aim was to raise enough to secure the riders entries into the most intense bike ride I'd ever heard of (200kms in 2 days!)

I'd jumped on board after a friend of mine who was already involved told me about what these empowering women were trying to achieve and I wanted to be a part of it, provided I didn't have to get on a bike myself.


The show featured several different designers and boutiques and I loved every minute of it. The exposure was great and I always love doing shows for a good cause. There were plenty of hiccups along the way, the odd tantrum from models here and there and general disorganisation running chaos around frantic, panicked MC's but all in all it was a great night.


We had the usual "this doesn't fit me" drama and unfortunately, one model did almost lose her top on the runway. However I think when you contribute to something that has such an amazing cause behind it, it doesn't matter that we saw more of the models than we needed to, or that a dress was worn as a top, which confused the MC completely, leaving her with "well I don't actually know what she's wearing, but it does look nice don't you think? It didn't matter that the models parents kept asking them to walk up closer to them so they could see what their daughter/grand daughter was wearing. It didn't matter that exactly one minute before the last model was due on the catwalk she had a mental breakdown and refused to go out, because we raised enough funds to get the organisers entry into their ride, and we proved that fashion can make a big difference when you put heart and soul into it.


Thank you to everyone who came along to support and all those involved, we know it was disorganised, panicked and generally a three ring circus, but everyone seemed to enjoy the night and we achieved what we set out to do!


Fashion isn't just about pretty frocks, its about changing the world, one charity gala at a time.