Friday, May 20, 2011

She's not fat! She's SEXY!





I'd like to take this moment to say BRAVO! to Mr Peter Alexander, I've just received his new Winter catalogue in the mail and I think it's so refreshing to see a real girl on the cover of a magazine. Unlike the usual waif character we see gracing the cover of every advertorial on the planet, Peter has gone for a sexy, curvy, stunning girl to appear on his glossy this month and I couldn't be happier.

You would think that if a brand was trying to sell lingerie or in this case pajamas, there wouldn't be such a need to use these overtly thin creatures, and in fact if you're selling something that expresses a sexiness, would you not want a woman who is actually sexy? I don't know about you, but I think most guys (when considering what a sexy woman would look like) would describe a woman who actually looks like a woman, curves included. Or maybe not, maybe if you asked a man what their idea of a sexy woman is perhaps they would say Keira Knightly over say, Scarlett Johansson? Anyways, it's beside the point, the point is sexy has returned, well at least for Winter.

I just hope Peter doesn't revert back to the stick insects we saw last year frolicking in the sun and "apparently" eating paddle pops... I think there's something ironic about showing an underweight girl enjoying chocolates, candy and ice cream when we all know they wouldn't have actually swallowed a thing, but maybe that's just me.

I've put in some pictures of the stunning voluptuous creature featured as Peter's "it" girl this month. Enjoy!