Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Which weather is better?

So it's now late November, but we're not feeling the usual sweltering hot summer days that Brisbane's November is known for, instead I am wearing pants to work, and cardigans over my summer dresses. This weird mix of seasonal style got me thinking, do people prefer one season to another because of what it allows them to wear? I am quite sure I've had this conversation with a few of my girlfriends before, and I have to admit that I was most certainly a winter girl all the way, up until about a year ago. I have always been a bit self-conscience about my body and so I was never a fan of summer due to the hot weather forcing you to wear less clothes and show more skin, definitely not something I was comfortable doing. I was infatuated with my winter wardrobe; layers of comfy cotton tees, scarfs, beanies, stockings, boots...What's not to love?! There is nothing better than coming home, out of the cold, having a hot bath and snuggling into warm pj's and slippers.

However, I have recently become accustomed to appreciate my summer wardrobe.

I always felt as though summer called for fake tans and very little else (in the way of clothing) so I never really "dug" it, but over the past year I had the rare opportunity to experiement with a casual wardrobe that was ruled less by purpose (work) and more personal style. Over the past few months I have been lucky enough to experience true casual summer style. This entails; putting a cute comfy summer dress on, picking some equally cute flats to match and walking out the door, all resulting in being ready in 10mins and being comfortable all day! A novel concept to some I'm sure, but well worth the revelation.

So I am curious as to what other peoples favourtie style season is, I'm definitly a lover of both, give me summer and sunshine, and winter and booties, either way I'm a happy little fashionista!