Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Flip Flop and Fancy Free

As you’ve most likely noticed the weather has finally decided to allow the sun to penetrate through those gloomy winter clouds, and give us a long awaited taste of summer. If you’ve been to Ikea lately you’ll have noticed that it is well and truly that magic time of the year where we all pull off our woolly toe socks, paint our toenails in the newest OPI tint and embrace summer in its entire thong wearing glory!
Now before you go grabbing for your $2 Coles pluggers that look more like a doggy chew toe than some form of shoe please obey the thong wearing theories put in place to ensure that you’re doing the humble Havi fashion justice.

Rule 1
Never wear your thongs with a bonds chestie and footy shorts unless you’re trying to look like a bogan, in which case be my guest.

Rule 2
Invest in a good brand, cheap thongs not only look cheap, but they will ruin your feet! It’s bad enough that thongs give you no support but thong blisters are generally a result of bad quality rubber and hurt like hell.

Rule 3
Now this is one that’s always going to be on the fence, but it’s definitely something I hate!!! Guys in jeans and thongs! It’s a no from me, if you’re wearing denim shorts then that’s fine, but jeans should only be worn with enclosed shoes. This is questionable for girls, but I don’t tend to wear jeans, so girls it’s up to you.

Rule 4
Painted toenails or clean feet are a must! Obviously guys, you don’t need to make sure your toes are painted but if you’re putting them on display, make sure they’re clean and tidy. Ladies, there is nothing worse than chipped, faded or dodgy nail polish when you’re wearing thongs. It only takes a few minutes to paint them, and as far as I’m concerned I don’t really dig no polish on girls toes, I don’t know why but I’m a firm believer in a bit of colour on your toes goes a long way, even if it’s a soft nude or peach.

Rule 5
Don’t wear thongs to dinner. The exception for this rule is if you’re going to a pool party or BBQ, otherwise it’s a no. Thongs are just not dinner appropriate, if a guy took me out for dinner and he was wearing thongs, I would most probably leave, but that’s just me.

These are only my fashion rules, and I’m very aware that there are thousands of people braking my rules all over the world, but if I can perhaps educate a few people on proper thong edicate, then I feel as though I’ve achieved something. If you have any other thong wearing rules, feel free to comment below :)