Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Turpentine!!!




Saturday night was another magical night in which my designs were paraded around by beautiful models on a runway with delighted friends and family sipping on champas. There were many late nights and stressful, pulling my hair out because a hem won't sit properly moments leading up to the show, but when those graceful long-legged models came out with sparkles exploded on their faces and my designs on their bodies, it all became worth it. When I see the garments on the girls and I hear the crowd applaud, I see the cameras flash and the joy in my audience’s eyes I can honestly say this is why I do it, and this is the sole desire behind my designs. It’s most likely some deranged egocentric crazy thing but it’s what drives me. I don’t think to myself, one day I’m going to make a million dollars out of this, I barely even sell my clothing as it is, I just don’t have the drive to do so (I probably should as it’s an expensive hobby to make clothes just to have them, not to wear them or sell them). I thought I’d pop a few pics in to entertain you; I could sit here and divulge all my most intimate feelings of each minute of the show, but all you need to know is that it’s something that makes my soul feel complete. It’s a feeling that makes everything bad in the world disappear, all the sleepless nights feel well rested and my lack of time with loved ones seems to be made up for as they stand around me and I feel how proud they are that I’ve finally pulled it off.