Monday, January 13, 2014

RAWards Evening

Friday evening saw yet another fabulous evening of Art, Music, Performing artists, Hair and Makeup stylists and Fashion Designers galore at the RAWards, put together by RAW Brisbane and voted for by the public, the RAWards display the top artists etc in one big night of fun.
I took along with me one of my very best friends and after a quick stop in to Chilliwow for dinner we headed into The Arena in Fortitude Valley.
I really wanted to scope out some artists for my next event and so we spent the majority of the night trolling through all the art displays and it was great to see some familiar faces.
As we walked through the door we saw an amazing display that looked like it was straight out of a fairy tale! The ever so talented Julia Rose from Flowers by Julia Rose had created an immaculate display of flowers surrounding a sleeping beauty.
 
 
As we headed upstairs I came across a multitude of fabulous artists including a few old favourites; Stacey Maree and Scott Hynd. I am so in love with one of Stacey's new pieces featuring this antique dress makers dummy.
Amongst all these amazingly creative human beings I found a fabulous artists who actually creates fabric from her artwork, her prints are simply divine! Chrissy Foreman Cranitch is an extremely talented artist with a great eye for pattern, colour and detail. I'm hoping to purchase some fabric in the near future to make something!
Another favourite of mine was Bree Auty, a quirky artist who brings together surrealist ideas with incredibly life like human beings.
 
She was running a little Instagram competition on the night, all you had to do was take a selfie with one of her art pieces and you could go in the draw to win an original art work, I can't believe I was so fortunate to win and I am beyond stoked to receive my amazing piece. I absolutely love her attention to detail, her faces are so life like and I love the way the eyes of her subjects transcend the paper to meet you. Her subjects have an incredible amount of depth and I love images that seem to suck you in, just like this incredible girl!
This was the image I submitted to the competition.
Yes I meant for it to be on the side ;)
After we had explored all of the art work we decided it was time for some dessert and we headed down to Freestylers for a late night naughty treat.
Crème Brulee om nom nom
I made myself a new dress for the evening and although it wasn't one of my most fabulously made dresses, the fabric was so beautiful with it's kimono inspired flowers that it really didn't need much to make it work. I teamed it with simple black accessories for the evening, but if the occasion was more casual I could definitely wear it loose with some strappy sandals for a quiet drink on a Sunday afternoon!