Monday, October 14, 2013

Shooty Sunday!

While most of you probably enjoyed your long weekend with many a beverage and hopefully some fun in the sun, it was all work for this little lady (let's face it though, my work is play anyway). Last Sunday I headed up to the beautiful Sunshine Coast for two fabulous shoots! I was lucky enough to be asked to style for the immensely talented Kerrie Gaines from Kerrie Gaines Photography and Model Placement, we had a few different looks and concepts to play with so I knew I was in for a big day of fun. The first shoot was with up and coming model Eleisha, we styled her into a gorgeous lace goddess warrior and perched her atop stacks of fashion magazines, and stacked her hands up with big sparkling rings to complete her royal look. Considering she had only done a few shoots she did amazingly well and took direction like a pro! She was effortlessly graceful and one might say she holds a striking resemblance to one Miss JHawk! You'll agree when you see the images I'm sure!
Secondly we shot the gorgeous Shannon (top 7 from Australia's Next Top Model), outfitted in two completely different looks, the first being my signature long black gown (More Than Friends Gown available for purchase here) and secondly we sassed her up in some high waisted Evelyn Curtis shorties, a scarf jacket and a beautiful fringe necklace. She was fierce and so much fun to work with! I just know she will get signed to an agency right away! We had amazing hair and make up by the very talented Jessica Cagney from Makeup24-7 and the fabulous Shannon Williams (from Togninis) and his gorgeous assistant Angelica Lowndes created the most perfect hairstyles you could imagine! The photos looked amazing and I can't wait to see the final edited images. We all had such a fabulous day and Kerrie and her fantastic boyfriend were the perfect hosts, putting on a delicious spread for us and keeping us cool in much needed aircon! After the shoot I headed down to the beach to meet up with my girlfriends for an hour of sunshine, before I headed back to Brisbane for a family dinner. It was a great day all round! Hope you all enjoyed your weekends! xx
Shannon and Shannon

Beautiful hair and make up on Shannon

BTS

Stunning hairstyles on Eleisha

The selection of garments

Fabulous make up

Our beautiful warrior Princess

Atop her throne...of magazines

So fierce!