Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Capulet Fashion Fridays

On Friday I headed off to Capulet Bar in The Valley for a fashion show I'd been working towards for the past few weeks. Since I saw that Capulet were holding a fashion competition I wanted to be a part of it, and luckily for me I was accepted into Heat 3. There are four heats in total and each heat has a winner (determined by Facebook votes) eventuating in the heat winners competing for a huge prize at the final in December.
I was contacted a little more than two weeks before my heat so I knew I had to put my collection together quickly! I had been toying with ideas for my new collection since I finished my last PJ's collection (shown at RAW in July) but hadn't yet settled on anything in particular.
I went for a mix and match collection, playing with flirty vintage florals and laces with all my usual frilly and bow tie trimmings. Each piece can be mixed and matched with each other and dressed up or down depending on your accessories. I paired each little outfit with a handmade, one of a kind flower crown and my models were all smiles on the catwalk.
I had a little booth which I shared with a few of my nearest and dearest and we were treated to champagne and sweet treats, courtesy of Sugarcoat Me.
I showed with five other amazingly talented designers; I Found Lucy, Jessica Tovey The Label, Zara McKenna, Hoskin Designs and Hunting Faith The Label. All designers showed beautiful collections and I was in awe of the amazing work of Hoskin in particular. Her meticulous detail and perfect couture tailoring were like none other and I am now a huge fan of her work!
The competition runs for two weeks and the winner is determined by whoever has the most amount of "likes" on their photo on Facebook. If you'd like to vote simply follow this link and click "like"!
We headed to Alfred and Constance afterwards for a celebratory drink and dance and all round it was a fabulous night, thanks to everyone who came to support myself and the other young designers and best of luck to everyone, I can't wait to see who will win!
xx
 
Picnic Day Crop ($40) with the Floral Frame Shorties ($40) and the Brightest Babe Flower Crown ($30).

Lady Grace Lace Maxi Skirt ($60) with the Perfect Day Floral Halter Wrap Top ($40) and the Peaches and Cream Flower Crown ($30).

Fanciful Floral Shift Dress ($85) and the Berry Basket Flower Crown ($30). 

Spring Perfection Wrap Top ($40) and Spring Perfection Shorties with pockets ($40) and the Purple Petals and Pretty Pearls Flower Crown ($30).

Say Hello Lace Frill Top ($50) and Petal Border Skirt with Sash ($40) and the Romantic Raspberry Flower Crown ($30).

  Little Lady Lace Crop ($40) with the Garden Party Skirt ($40) and the Bunch of Berries Flower Crown ($30)

My beautiful girlfriends.
Claire - my wife (left) wearing an Evelyn Curtis Flower Crown and Evelyn Curtis lace shorties, Elly - my bestie (centre) and Elise - amazing photographer and fabulous friend (right).

Tiana and I.
Tiana wearing an Evelyn Curtis Roses Flower Crown and I am wearing a one of a kind Evelyn Curtis Shift.

Felicity (right) Claire (centre) and myself (left) at Alfred and Constance.