Saturday, December 22, 2012

Back in Business

A huge thank you to Google + for ensuring I no longer have any photos on my blog from past posts and that all photos including my title image and background image have been lost into cyber space for eternity. Nevertheless I'm back in business and after a few hours of restoring and redecorating, Take Off My Dress is back and ready to finish off a fabulous year!
November and December have been complete madness but I wouldn't have it any other way. I've worked on a ton of personal projects as well as a handful of projects for private clients. I was lucky enough to work on a gorgeous dress for the lovely Tanya who sported her first couture Evelyn Curtis on the red (black) carpet at the Arias, I created another gorgeous custom piece for the bright and bubbly Gayle for her sons wedding and I had a crack at making my first ever pair of custom swimmers for the stunning Claire from Fashion's Sweethart. I even got a chance to make myself a birthday dress for my 23rd (a rare treat!)
After Christmas I'm taking a week off (escaping to tropical North Queensland) to relax and recharge my little batteries. I know that 2013 will be a huge year and I'm looking into all my options for the year to ensure I continue to grow as a designer and take the label in the right direction. I'm currently considering doing a course or heading back to school in the new year to further my couture skills and fine tune my amateur sewing skills. I've hit so many problems this year whilst working on projects due to a lack of skill on my behalf and this year I don't want to hit these same road blocks. The best way to grow is to educate yourself and I know there is still so much about the technical side of my trade that I just don't have a clue about. I haven't yet decided if I'll be putting the label 100% on the back burner while I study, but it will all depend on which course I choose, but I'll keep you all posted.
I thought I'd just post a few pictures of the lovely pieces I've churned out in the last few weeks considering there are no more photos on my blog.
Gorgeous Gayle (right) in her custom Evelyn Curtis at her son's wedding.

Beautiful Tanya at the Arias in her custom Evelyn Curtis

Stunning Claire in her custom made Evelyn Curtis swimmers
 
Me in my handmade birthday dress, my new favourite dress!
 
I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas and a prosperous New Year and congratulations on surviving the Mayan Apocalypse! xx