Thursday, January 5, 2012

Spring Cleaning!

So I'm noticing a bit of a trend with my cleaning habits, although I'm usually a fairly neat person, over the holiday season my bedroom and studio somehow end up turning into bomb sites. Overcrowded with presents, wrapping, mail (usually unopened Super Statements), clothing and whatever else happens to get piled on my desk. It seems to grow and spread into my studio and before I know it I'm avoiding using my bedroom for anything but sleeping and Wii. So come January I go out, buy a bunch of storage compartment draws, boxes and assorted "storage solution" type things. Just so you can understand just how chaotic my bedroom/studio were I took some pictures for you. This was my bedroom bomb site BEFORE the January clean.

This is my sewing desk, as you can see, it hasn't been accommodating much sewing of late, evident from the half finished dress on the mannequin.
 Mail, gift vouchers, assorted stationary, Birthday and Christmas cards, plus a lot of random junk that is now in my bin.
 My amazing Christmas presents awaiting their new homes.
 This is my studio, the desk you can see is my cut out table, and that big box is my over locker that I got for my birthday....still in its box :(
My Market table, its suppose to have everything I need for when I attend a market, it should be neatly packed up and ready for this weekend, but the Obsession VIP bags have taken it over.
My chest of draws, home to all of my jewelery, clothing and accessories, in this picture its covered in its contents, along with some travel brochures, books and whatever I'd recently pulled out of my handbag.

But it gets better! After a full day of dusting, scrubbing, vacuuming, tidying, labeling and organising, my new studio is ready to be an amazing creative space again!
My beautiful chest of draws restored to its neat self.
My current book of choice, neatly tucked in to my remotes on my bedside table.
 Now that's organised!
My cutting table the way it should be!
 My beautiful Paris organisational boxes.
Ready for Sunday, Young Designer Markets here I come! :D
 The left over VIP bags from Obsession, I don't know what to do with them, but at least they're out of the way now.
I finally decided to buy myself an ironing board, yes it is covered with a towel, as I forgot to buy a cover.

So that's it, my studio and bedroom have once again been transformed back into a designers creative cave, I still need to get another desk and chair for my intern starting in a few weeks but I couldn't find any desks I liked the look of... more shopping will need to be done! But for now I'm off to make something new and exciting for Sunday, if you're looking for something to do this Sunday, come to the South Bank Young Designer Markets! We have Churros!