Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inspiration


What's yours?

I made this inspiration board for my new design studio, it includes everything and everyone who influences my creative way of life. I've got all my style icons including the classic starlets; Audrey Hepburn, Marylin Monroe and Bridgette Bardot, as well as my new favourites including; Rachel Bilson, Blake Lively, Charlize Theron and Jessica Alba and before you ask, yes I also have my favourite designers. My board is covered in Chanel, Dior, Balmain, Lanvin, Valentino, Alex Perry, Alannah Hill, Oroton and even Hilde Heim (after all she played such a massive influence in my life last year, i could hardly leave her off).

I feel like everyone should have inspiration boards on their walls, I intend to have many more as I get more time (they take about a day to put together). I feel being creative isn't something that just happens, you have to stimulate yourself, and you also have to want to be creative. I've transformed my whole room to evolve around my craft so that everyday I wake up I am involved and connected to what I'm doing.

I remember being told once that if you love what you do (your job) then you'll never feel as though you have worked for a day in your life. Fashion is my everything, it is my passion, my drive, my inspiration and my motivation to get out of bed everyday. I hope everyone feels this way about something as it truly is the only way to live life.

Don't just wait for inspiration to happen to you, surround yourself with it, and make it happen for yourself.