Sunday, June 30, 2013

The next installment

So I'm currently working on my next collection to be shown at the RAW: Elevation show hosted on July 19th at The Arena in The Valley.
I've been inspired by femininity and I've found myself channelling the great beauty queens of a bygone era, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot all come to mind, and more recently I have fallen in love with the divine nature of Lana Del Ray.
*sigh, such beauty*
Brigitte Bardot
Lana Del Ray
Sophia Loren
Marilyn Monroe

To me these women all embody beauty and sensuality with grace and style. The are the definition of femininity and they are my muses for this collection. I've found myself using a lot of lace and ruffles but still ensuring the garments are both comfortable and fun to wear. I want the pieces to be mixed and matched and I picked a colour palette or champagne, deep purple and black and cream. The collection will have little hints of red and gold too just to add some detailing. I can't wait to show you all what I come up with and I hope you can all make it on Friday. To purchase tickets just head to:
http://www.rawartists.org/evelyncurtis
and select Evelyn Curtis as the artist you are supporting.
xx